The International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers, INTERPHEX, and Pharmaceutical Processing announced the 2011 Pharmaceutical Facility of the Year Award (FOYA) winners this week at the INTERPHEX 2011 show in New York.
Now in its seventh year, the FOYA is an annual program designed to recognize state-of-the-art projects utilizing new, innovative technologies to improve the quality of products, reduce the cost of producing high-quality medicines, and demonstrate advances in project delivery.
This year”s winners were:
• Process Innovation: F. Hoffman – La Roche Limited – “MyDose” Clinical Supply facility in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland
• Facility Integration: Merck & Co. Incorporated – Global Clinical Supplies Manufacturing, Packaging and Warehouse Expansion, Summit, New Jersey, USA
• Project Execution: MedImmune LLC – Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) Expansion facility in Frederick, Maryland, USA
• Equipment Innovation: Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics GmbH – “MARS Project” (Marburg Site) facility in Marburg, Germany
• Operational Excellence: Pfizer Health AB – Project Pegasus – Bio 7 Manufacturing facility in Strängnäs, Sweden
• Sustainability: Pfizer Manufacturing Deutschland GmbH – SPRING & E-MAP (Strategic Plant Restructuring & Energy Master Plan) project in Freiburg, Germany
• Honorable Mention: Shire HGT – Project Atlas, Building 400 facility in Lexington, Massachusetts, USA
One of the six individual category winners will be named overall “Facility of the Year” in November at the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) (Grapevine, Texas, Nov. 6-9).
For more information on the Facility of the Year Awards, click here.