Pump Systems Matter (PSM, www.pumpsystemsmatter.org) and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Industrial Technologies Program (www1.eere.energy.gov/industry) are hosting free audio Web briefings on how pump performance can impact bottom line revenue.
The Web briefing, titled “Pump Systems Performance Impacts Multiple Bottom Lines,” focuses on how energy savings and additional financial benefits can be realized through pump systems optimization. Mike Pemberton of ITT Industrial Process will present the Web briefings.
The 40-minute briefings will be held on the following dates:
• Friday, December 12, 2008 at 11:00 am EST
• Monday, January 19, 2009 at 11:00 am EST
According to studies by the U.S. Department of Energy:
• Nearly 25 percent of industrial electricity demand comes from industrial motor systems.
• More than 50 percent of pump lifecycle costs result from energy and maintenance expense.
• Less than 15 percent of pump lifecycle costs are initial purchase costs
• Energy savings of 20 percent or more are possible with systems optimization.
According to Pump Systems Matter, improved pump systems performance can lower maintenance costs and improve system reliability for better asset management, thereby improving a company’s bottom line while cleaning up the environment.
To register for the “Pump Systems Performance Impacts Multiple Bottom Lines” briefing, visit www.PumpSystemsMatter.org.