The ultrasonic flowmeter market has shown rapid growth over the past five years, rising from $255 million in 2002 to $440 million by 2007, according to a study by Flow Research (www.flowresearch.com). In fact, the study, titled The World Market for Ultrasonic Flowmeters, 3rd Edition, shows the ultrasonic flowmeter has risen at such a rapid clip that its revenues now account for 10 percent of the worldwide flowmeter market.
Flow Research previously published studies of the ultrasonic flowmeter market is 2001 and 2003. The 2008 edition addresses the key issues in the ultrasonic flowmeter market, including:
• Growth in the ultrasonic transit time flowmeter market
• Shipments of clamp-on, spoolpiece, and insertion meters
• Comparison of portable vs. fixed ultrasonic flowmeters
• The expanding use of ultrasonic flowmeters for custody transfer of natural gas
• The emerging market for ultrasonic flowmeters in steam flow measurement
• The market for Doppler and hybrid ultrasonic flowmeters
• Mergers and acquisitions in the ultrasonic flowmeter market
For more information on The World Market for Ultrasonic Flowmeters, 3rd Edition, visit Flow Research”s ultrasonic flowmeter Web portal at www.flowultrasonic.com.