Designed for use on rising stem globe control valves, PL Series actuators from Promation Engineering provide up to 4400 lbs. (19,600N) of force and up to 3.9 inches (100 mm) travel. This increased up and down force allows use of a globe valve for increased flow control in higher pipe diameters with higher close-off pressures versus use of a corresponding butterfly valve with less flow control and lower close-off pressures.
Key features of the PL Series include:
- Field Selectable Travel Stops—travel stops can be set by location within the stroke or by the rated force at the end of the stroke.
- On/Off/Floating/Proportional Control—precision proportional control is achieved through an improved microcontroller that has 4-20mA or 2-10VDC input and feedback, Auto Calibration, and flashing LED diagnostic indicators.
- Customizable Mounting System—a PEI-designed linkage system that is easily configured to various valve bonnets and stem heights.
- Manual Override—a standard disengagable manual override that allows fast and simple manual positioning of the valve.
- Standard Voltages—actuators are compatible with 24VAC, 24VDC, 120VAC, and 230VAC power supplies.