Movers & Shakers: Fluid Handling Appointments, Awards & Acquisitions for August 2014

A digest of August 2014 business news & notes from around the fluid handling industry.

Handshake Getty Images/iStockphotos/ThinkStock
Handshake Getty Images/iStockphotos/ThinkStock


Kaman Corporation Appoints Tribby Warfield as Senior Vice President
Kaman Corporation appointed Tribby Warfield as Senior Vice President and General Manager for the Fluid Power platform of its Distribution Segment (Kaman Distribution). Kaman Distribution operates through three product platforms: Bearings & Power Transmission; Fluid Power; and Automation, Control & Energy. Warfield will report to Steve Smidler, Kaman Distribution’s President and join Kaman’s executive committee.

Calpipe  Industries Appoints Timothy Frick Midwestern Regional Sales Manager 
Calpipe Industries Inc. has appointed Timothy Frick as Central Regional Sales Manager. Frick was most recently the District Sales Manager for Tele-Fonika Cable USA and brings a proven, successful, track record in sales management, territory development and field training. As Central Regional Sales Manager, Frick will be responsible for Calpipe Industries Inc. sales in North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky.

Singer Valve Inc. Adds to International Sales Team with the Appointment of Patricio Egan
Singer Valve has appointed Patricio Egan as sales manager for Latin America. With his local knowledge and special expertise in hydraulics engineering, Egan’s territory also includes Spain and Portugal. Egan comes to Singer Valve with close to 30 years of experience in the South American water industry. He holds a Mechanical Engineering degree, with several diplomas in hydraulics and is a member of the Venezuelan Engineering Association.


OMEGA Engineering Inc. Recognized with Sensors Expo Innovation Award Honorable Mention
OMEGA Engineering was presented with the 2014 Best of Sensors Expo INNOVATION AWARD Honorable Mention Award for M12LCP Thermocouple Probes With High Temperature M12 Molded Connectorsby Sensors Magazine. The Best of Sensors Expo award winners will be featured on the Sensors Expo and Sensors Magazine websites and

City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department Honored with Partnership for Safe Water Award
The City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department has received the “Directors Award of Recognition” from the Partnership for Safe Water, a program developed by AWWA, EPA, and associatedPartner organizations, to guide water suppliers toward improving water quality by optimizing system operations. The City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department was presented this award for successfully completing the Self-Assessment and Peer Review phase of the Partnership program, a phase which includes comprehensive evaluation of treatment plant operations and performance, identification of performance limiting factors, and the development of action plans to achieve optimization. The plant will be one of a select group of utilities honored by the Partnership at the annual conference of the American Water Works Association, the largest and oldest worldwide organization dedicated to safe water.

IChemE Awards Highest Professional Honor to Shell 
The Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) has awarded its highest honor to Shell in recognition of the energy and petrochemicals company’s outstanding worldwide skills and professional development programs. Shell was presented with Gold Corporate Partnership by IChemE president and professor of energy engineering at Imperial College London, Geoff Maitland, and IChemE's immediate past president and GB Health and Safety Executive chair, Judith Hackitt CBE, on July 9, 2014 in London.


FCX Performance, Inc. Acquires Corrosion Fluid Products
Columbus, Ohio-based FCX Performance Inc., a leading distributor of process flow control products and value-added services, has completed the acquisition of Corrosion Fluid Products, Corp. Based in Farmington Hills, Mich., CFP is a regional distributor of pumps, valves, FRP fiberglass, specialty lined pipe, hose and fittings to the process markets from eight branch distribution centers located across the Midwest. 

OPW to Acquire Liquip
OPW, a global leader in fluid-handling solutions and a business unit within Dover’s Fluids segment has signed a definitive agreement to acquire all the outstanding shares of Liquip International headquartered in Smithfield, NSW, Australia. Liquip is a leading Australian designer and manufacturer of bulk liquid handling and storage solutions in the petroleum, aviation, and chemical markets.

Ingersoll Rand Acquires Assets of Energy Equipment and Supply Inc.
Ingersoll Rand
, a global leader in compressed air systems and services, power tools and fluid and material handling equipment, today announced it has acquired the assets of Energy Equipment and Supply Inc., an Ingersoll Rand Master Distributor based in Casper, Wyo. Energy Equipment and Supply Inc. sells compressed air and gas equipment, parts and services in Wyoming, Montana and the western regions of North Dakota and South Dakota.

Franklin Electric Makes Two India Acquisitions
Franklin Electric Co. Inc. has completed two acquisitions in India. In the first, Franklin Electric has acquired 70 percent of the outstanding stock of Pluga Pumps and Motors Private Limited, based in a newly constructed facility in Vadodara, Gujarat, India. Pluga designs, manufactures, and distributes groundwater motor and pumping equipment through eleven branch offices located throughout India. In the fiscal year completed March 2014, Pluga revenues were approximately INR 745M or about US$ 13 million. The company purchased the 70 percent share with cash and is obligated to purchase the remaining 30 percent share in 2017.

Secondly, Franklin Fueling Systems Inc. has acquired 65 percent of the shares of Wadcorpp India Private Limited, based in Mumbai, Maharashtra,India. Wadcorpp operates as a distributor of fueling equipment throughout India from a newly constructed facility based in Pune that is capable of also manufacturing certain Franklin Fueling System products. In the fiscal year completed March 2014, Wadcorpp's revenues were approximately INR 54M or about US$ 1M. Franklin Fueling Systems purchased the 65 percent share with cash and has the obligation to purchase the remaining 35 percent share as early as 2017.

More in Flow Measurement