A call for papers has been issued for the 2014 ISA Process Measurement and Control/Safety and Security Joint Division Symposium, to be held October 4-6, 2014 in Houston. Authors, innovators, thought leaders, and other automation professionals in the instrumentation, communications, and control system fields are invited to submit abstracts for presentation consideration at the event.
The symposium is a collaboration between ISA’s Process Measurement and Control Division (PMCD) and ISA’s Safety and Security Division, with additional participation by ISA’s Chemical and Petroleum Industries Division (ChemPID).
The event is designed to inform engineers, technicians and plant managers from the oil and gas, refining, chemical, petrochemical, and other process industries, featuring expert-led educational tracks, keynote presentations, panel discussions, and training courses. The three-day joint event will also feature a vendor exhibit, standards committee meetings, and networking opportunities and social activities.
In the area of safety and security, the ISA84 (Functional Safety: Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector) and ISA99 (Industrial Automation and Control Systems Security) standards initiatives will be primary topics of discussion.
Tutorials and workshops will examine:
- Automation and control systems, including sensors, control hardware and software, and final elements
- Flow technology
- Pressure technology
- Temperature technology
- Level technology
- Field calibration technology
- Smart measurements
- Process variables
Suggested topics for presentation in process measurement and control include:
- Variability, instrument calibration
- Automation and control systems
- Flow measurement technology
- Field calibration technology
- Communications in SIL, ISA100
- Wireless technology on the plant floor
- Field instrumentations: wireless,
- Foundation Fieldbus, and other smart technologies
- Bridging prices between SCADA and DCS
- Control Systems
- Process optimization
- Fieldbus control systems with focus on higher SIL
- Control system strategies, advanced control
- Instrumentation for floating LNG facilities
- Automation and control in petroleum and petrochemical terminals
- System integrations
- Advanced HMI and alarm management
- Data and document storage in EDMS and asset management
- Troubleshooting, optimization, and application in petroleum and chemical process industries
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Control system cybersecurity
Prospective authors must submit original contributions by January 21, 2014. Abstracts must be limited to 500 words, written in English, and submitted online or through email. Final presentations must be prepared on the official ISA PMCD Symposium template. Papers accepted for publication and presentation will require completion of ISA’s Rights and Responsibilities Form. Abstracts submitted via email should be sent to khashayar.Behdinan@member.isa.org and firstname.lastname@example.org. For answers to any questions, contact Dr. Behdinan at khashayar.Behdinan@member.isa.org or Edward Naranjo, the 2014 ISA PMCD Symposium General Chair, at email@example.com.
For more details on the symposium, visit www.isa.org/PMCD2014.