The ISA100 Wireless Compliance Institute (WCI) announced certifications of six ISA100.11a wireless devices as conducted for the WCI by National Technical Systems (NTS). ISA100.11a wireless devices that have completed certification include:
- XYR 6000 Pressure Transmitters (Gauge, Absolute and Differential Pressure); Models STWA94L, STDW924/930/974, STGW944/94L/974/97L/98L
- XYR 6000 Universal IO Transmitter; Model STUW700/701
- XYR 6000 Temperature Transmitter with Digital Input Transmitter; Model STTW401
- XYR 6000 Temperature Transmitter; Model STTW400
- XYR 6000 Multiple Digital Input Transmitter; Model STXW500
- EJX B Series Differential Pressure and Pressure Transmitters
In recent weeks the WCI also announced the ISA100.11a certification of the Nivis communication protocol stack, enabling integration of ISA100.11a wireless communication technology into real-world industrial plant applications.
The ISA100.11a industrial wireless networking standard is the first in the ISA100 family of standards. This wireless mesh network standard protocol helps supplier companies build interoperable wireless automation control products. As a result, manufacturing sites are able to create, modify, optimize, and scale a wireless network quickly, cost-effectively, and seamlessly.
Planned additions to the ISA100 family of standards include support for backhaul functionality, factory automation, and other key-use cases. Details on the approved standard, the ISA100 roadmap, and use-case presentations are available at www.isa.org/ISA100.