Fox Thermal Instruments’ Model FT3 Thermal Mass Flowmeter earned FM, FMc, ATEX, and IECEx approvals.
The FM (U.S.), FMc (Canadian), ATEX (EU), and IECEx (Global) approvals verify conformance with international safety standards used in the manufacture of the new Model FT3. The approvals affirm the FT3 performs reliably and is safe for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. To receive these approvals, Fox Thermal Instruments’ Quality System was carefully inspected through a three-tiered assessment, and the Model FT3 was put through multi-phased testing.
The FT3 Mass Flowmeter has received the following FM and FMc approvals (*temperature ratings vary based on meter configuration):
• Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D;
• Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G;
• Class III, Division 1; T3C, Ta=-40 C to 70 C
• Class I, Zone 1, AEx/Ex d IIB + H2 T6*/T4*/T1*; Ta=-20 C to 70 C; Type 4X, IP67
ATEX approvals (*temperature ratings vary based on meter configuration):
• II 2 G Ex d IIB + H2 T6*/T4*/T1* Gb Ta=-20 C to 70 C; IP67
• II 2 D Ex tb IIIC T85°C*/T135°C*/T450°C*; Db Ta=-20 C to 70 C; IP67
IECEx approvals (*temperature ratings vary based on meter configuration):
• Ex d IIB + H2 T6*/T4*/T1* Gb Ta=-20 C to 70 C; IP67
• Ex tb IIIC T85°C*/T135°C* Db Ta=-20 C to 70 C; IP67
The FT3 was designed to be used in any pure or mixed gas application, but it is best suited for applications at refineries, petrochemical plants, and natural gas gathering/processing plants. The FT3 is commonly used for flares, vent (flash) gas, and biogas applications. In addition, with its rugged-design, the FT3 is a good fit for heavy industrial applications in metals, paper, glass, and ceramics. – www.foxthermalinstruments.com